Years ago, it was easy for business owners to get email addresses of people interested in their goods or services just to be added to their email list or receive a newsletter or current offers. Now that email boxes are inundated with more emails than we can possibly read, consumers are more selective about who they give their email address to.
Opt-in offers bring value to the recipient...offering them something FREE that they can use in exchange for their email information. I'm sure you have seen countless opt-in offers on the internet that offer you free information, printable sheets, e-books and more.
If your goal is to build your email list, then you want to offer a valuable opt-in offer on your website. Building your email list will give you the opportunity to send emails to those people already interested in what you have to offer. To make optimum use of the valuable email list, you will keep them up-to-date on your services, goods, special offers, new services or employees and other items of interest.
The opt-in offer is an additional way to inform clients. If they are not totally clear on what hypnosis is or what it can accomplish, the opt-in offer is your opportunity to educate them further about hypnosis and what you can offer to them. The material you include is up to you, so make it valuable and informative.
What kind of opt-in offer can a hypnotist offer to potential clients visiting their website? Speak directly to an issue or challenge they may be having (ie: relaxation, smoking, confidence, etc). Pick a subject that they will want to know more about. It is best to know your target audience when addressing a need.
- Audio samples: Offer a sample of your voice for a mediation or relaxing hypnosis session.
- E-books: Make an e-book with valuable information.
- Video: Make a video or video series on helpful and beneficial topics.
- E-courses: You send a short course to them in email for x amount of days.
- Webinar: Invite them to be a part of a webinar you pre-record.
- Goods Sample: Offer free content of something you offer for sale (ie: chapter of book, part of an online course you offer, a quiz, etc).
How does the opt-in offer get noticed? You can include it on every page, some pages, in emails and on landing pages.
Make the offer more attractive with pictures, if possible, or some visual representation of your service or actual product. In addition, list 3 to 5 bullet points about the value this opt-in offer brings to them and their life.
Example: Our FREE relaxation recording will:
- Explain to you how hypnosis works
- Allow you to experience real relaxation in the privacy of your home in your free time
- Let you feel the positive effects of a hypnotic state
- Allow you to become better at going into a trance state and relaxing
(Just examples...but you get the idea!)
You can set up a page to say thank you and have them download their offer or you can send it to them in an email. Either way, make sure your offer gets to them immediately or quickly. A thank you page with the automatic download would be best.
At the end of your opt-in offer, give the potential client a special offer that is low cost and easy to say YES! to. Keep them engaged and interested by offering things such as:
- A free consultation
- A free 15-minute mini session
- A low cost product such as: sheet with tips on reducing your daily stress, a free informational webinar, goal setting sheets, etc.
Always follow up with your potential client. Do you want them to move on or stay engaged? Emails (and maybe even phone calls) that are delivered to your potential client on a regular basis will provide them with more opportunities to know you, your products and services and specials.
Set yourself apart. Do your best.
Resources for more information on opt-in offers: